How could I ever write a series about happiness, without touching on the subject relationship? I could actually create a major motion picture on all the ways that my failed expectations of friends, mates and potential partners have affected my level of happiness in my 31 years of life. And I can’t say that I have it all figured out; but what I can say is that there are universal rules to this game called life, and who we attract is always going to have something to do with who we are.
I think we all understand this concept, regardless of whether or not we conceptualize it. For women, we spent tons of money on beauty products, countless hours to get shiny and appear brand new, tans, waxes, nip this and tuck that–and not to mention fitness fads and diet fixes. Men do it, too. We all go to great lengths to look great and fit the part of partner for our soul mate (if we believe in that sort of thing), or even to attract friends. Most adults that I know complain often about lack of meaningful connections, and some of us have given up all hope.
What do you think? Are our efforts to reel in our soul mate are coming from the right place?
I will leave you with this definition for today.
soul: the principle of life, feeling, thought and action in humans, regarded as a distinct entity seperate from the body, and commonly held to be separable in existance from the body; the spiritual part of humans as distinct from the physical part.
Tune in tomorrow for Part II:-)
- Soul Mate or Twin Flame (socyberty.com)
- Dreams of Soul Mate (socyberty.com)
- Why do we keep falling in love with cyborgs? [Video] (io9.com)
- Soulmates: Truth or Fairy Tale? (urbanbellemag.com)
- Achieving Happiness: More Advice from Plato (psychologytoday.com)
- Definition of a Soul Mate (socyberty.com)
- Study shows real partners are no match for ideal mate (physorg.com)