I realized that I hadn’t gone to his Facebook page to stare at his picture or write on his wall in a while. I used to do it every day, but it has been a little while since I said, looking at the sky, “Damn Boo, I can’t believe you’re not here with us.”
1. My mother had a friend that she used to hang out with who’s youngest son would dress up in his older sisters clothing and play with her Barbies. When my mother tried to defend his eccentricities by saying, “leave that boy alone, playing with dolls will make him a better father!” His response? “Mmmm-mmm, no it wont, ’cause I’m not gonna be a daddy, I’m gonna be a mommy!” He was about five. We all labeled him as gay.
It’s almost 5 am, and instead of sleeping, I’m up writing. In search of a little inspiration, I found myself, where else? FACEBOOK, of course. I truly believe that nothing happens by chance, so it’s no surprise that Jillian Michaels (Biggest Loser), posted this wonderful article that made me want to go write. It was so great that I couldn’t wait until the morning to share it. It’s great news for a hopeless romantic, love pusher like me.
I can’t say that I have it all figured out; but what I can say is that there are universal rules to this game called life, and who we attract is always going to have something to do with who we are. I think we all understand this concept, whether or not we conceptualize it. For women, we spent tons of money on beauty products, countless hours to get shiny and appear brand new, tans, waxes, nip this and tuck that–and not to mention fitness fads and diet fixes. Men do it, too. We all go to great lengths to look great and fit the part of partner for our soul mate (if we believe in that sort of thing), or even to attract friends. Most adults that I know complain often about lack of meaningful connections, and some of us have given up all hope.What do you think about soulmates? Are you searching and are your efforts to reel in your soul-mate are coming from the right place?
Here’s something to ponder on…
Why the heck do tattoos have to hurt so bad? “Well Genius, ” I bet you are saying, “you’re getting a bunch of needles, duh!” But hey, listen, it’s not just the tattooing part. It’s finding a way to sleep comfortably by not putting pressure on the part that now pains you, it’s showering and not accidentally letting hot water hit it directly, its people slapping you on your arm not knowing that you are aching. And then, finally, there’s the annoying itch that lets you know that you are healing. There’s this entire healing process that you go through, and while some handle it better than others, but healing is a must and it happens if you’re healthy.
So, I got this tattoo last week. A pretty bird to memorialize a friend, “Bubby”, that I lost on Christmas Eve, last year. See?
“What you resist will persist”…
What does that mean to you? From my experience, it means having my priorities all discombobulated. It means being so caught up in what people will think, say, feel about my life that I forget that my ultimate goal for me is peace and happiness, so fear and resentment stick around a little longer–actually as long as I allow it to stay, it does.
In my life, “supposed” ; it’s such an ugly word. I held on so tight to the lie of what my life was “supposed” to be (false perceptions handed down by family, friends, peers, society), that I didn’t realize that all I had to do was let go of “supposed” to reveal the truth that was already there whether I like it or not.
I want to invite you to play a game with me. It’s called The Happy Game, its fun and easy. The goal is to find new ways to be happy every day of your life for the rest of your life. It’s suitable for all ages and the game ends whenever you decide it does, but don’t worry you can always drop back in. The only rule is to do good things that make you happy. Are you game? Great!
Well, there are 31 types of happiness. One for every day of the month. How you achieve them is up to you. You can chose whichever of the 31 that you like each day, you can do as many as you like everyday, you can do repeats, you can carry this list with you or you can make a deck of cards, shuffle them–once you chose one you can have fun creating that form of happiness.
1. Amazed: Wow yourself!
2. Amused: Make yourself laugh.
3. Anticipation: Know that there is joy right around the corner. Expect it and look for it.
4. Borrowed: Celebrate someone else’s victory.
5. Celebrate: Find something to throw a party for. Big or small, new dress or a new job, new thoughts and new dreams. New love. Dance like no one is watching!
6. Cheerful: Be that person that sees the light in all things today. Be sickening with it. It’s contagious!
7. Compassion: Acknowledge someone else’s hard time today, and make it easier on them by letting them know you care. Be happy for you ability to do so.
8. Content: Be held together like glue today, no matter what happens brush your shoulders off!
9. Delight: Be giddy about something you would normally overlook today. Something small and what you would usually consider insignificant.
10. Enthusiastic: Believe in your happiness and let it show in all that you do!
11. Exuberant: Be so happy today that people can’t deny or overlook it. Let your light shine for you and everyone else!
12. Fun: If this game isn’t fun enough, play another one. Hide and seek?
13. Give: Find out how good it feels to sacrifice for the sake of others. Find happiness in making someone smile.
14. Glad: You don’t always have to do it big. Just be glad. Nothing fancy. Just glad.
15. Grateful: Focus all the things that went right in your life. Every time you have the urge to complain, counteract with gratitude.
16. Hopeful: Know that it’s coming, even if you don’t see it.
17. Humor: Get Him to the Greek, Ellen Degenerous, Kevin Hart, Dave Chappelle, Bloopers all make me laugh. What makes you laugh uncontrollably? Do it till you’re satisfied!
18. Inspiration: Find the kind of happiness that makes you feel ignited.
19. Joy: Divine Happiness. Happy because and in spite of.
20. Love: Forget about yourself today. Act from your heart. Remember love in an action word. Act!
21. Nostalgia: Smile about being happy yesterday. Be all sentimental and mushy today.
22. Optimistic: If you can’t see the light, just look in the mirror. It’s always there. Remember that today.
23. Peace: Be still!
24. Play: Be goofy. Play double dutch or watch cartoons while eating captain crunch. Are you daring enough to play with an imaginary friend today? Hmmmm?
25. Relief: Let it go and be glad that you did.
26. Satisfaction: Pat yourself on the back for just trying today.
27. Spirituality: Honor the Divine. How you decide to is up to you. Do what you do with the intent of feeling joy that can only come from deep within your Higher Self.
28. Spontaneous: Don’t think about it. Just do it!
29. Surprise: Do something unexpected for you and someone else today. Go out on a limb. Doesn’t that feel good?
30. Sweet: Be kind and flirty today. Call yourself and others cute little pet names. Got it Sweetie? Ok Big Daddy?
31. Vivacious: It’s ok, be full of it!
I bet you have some ideas already. How will you pull happiness off every day? Here are some ideas.