I want to invite you to play a game with me. It’s called The Happy Game, its fun and easy. The goal is to find new ways to be happy every day of your life for the rest of your life. It’s suitable for all ages and the game ends whenever you decide it does, but don’t worry you can always drop back in. The only rule is to do good things that make you happy. Are you game? Great!
Well, there are 31 types of happiness. One for every day of the month. How you achieve them is up to you. You can chose whichever of the 31 that you like each day, you can do as many as you like everyday, you can do repeats, you can carry this list with you or you can make a deck of cards, shuffle them–once you chose one you can have fun creating that form of happiness.
1. Amazed: Wow yourself!
2. Amused: Make yourself laugh.
3. Anticipation: Know that there is joy right around the corner. Expect it and look for it.
4. Borrowed: Celebrate someone else’s victory.
5. Celebrate: Find something to throw a party for. Big or small, new dress or a new job, new thoughts and new dreams. New love. Dance like no one is watching!
6. Cheerful: Be that person that sees the light in all things today. Be sickening with it. It’s contagious!
7. Compassion: Acknowledge someone else’s hard time today, and make it easier on them by letting them know you care. Be happy for you ability to do so.
8. Content: Be held together like glue today, no matter what happens brush your shoulders off!
9. Delight: Be giddy about something you would normally overlook today. Something small and what you would usually consider insignificant.
10. Enthusiastic: Believe in your happiness and let it show in all that you do!
11. Exuberant: Be so happy today that people can’t deny or overlook it. Let your light shine for you and everyone else!
12. Fun: If this game isn’t fun enough, play another one. Hide and seek?
13. Give: Find out how good it feels to sacrifice for the sake of others. Find happiness in making someone smile.
14. Glad: You don’t always have to do it big. Just be glad. Nothing fancy. Just glad.
15. Grateful: Focus all the things that went right in your life. Every time you have the urge to complain, counteract with gratitude.
16. Hopeful: Know that it’s coming, even if you don’t see it.
17. Humor: Get Him to the Greek, Ellen Degenerous, Kevin Hart, Dave Chappelle, Bloopers all make me laugh. What makes you laugh uncontrollably? Do it till you’re satisfied!
18. Inspiration: Find the kind of happiness that makes you feel ignited.
19. Joy: Divine Happiness. Happy because and in spite of.
20. Love: Forget about yourself today. Act from your heart. Remember love in an action word. Act!
21. Nostalgia: Smile about being happy yesterday. Be all sentimental and mushy today.
22. Optimistic: If you can’t see the light, just look in the mirror. It’s always there. Remember that today.
23. Peace: Be still!
24. Play: Be goofy. Play double dutch or watch cartoons while eating captain crunch. Are you daring enough to play with an imaginary friend today? Hmmmm?
25. Relief: Let it go and be glad that you did.
26. Satisfaction: Pat yourself on the back for just trying today.
27. Spirituality: Honor the Divine. How you decide to is up to you. Do what you do with the intent of feeling joy that can only come from deep within your Higher Self.
28. Spontaneous: Don’t think about it. Just do it!
29. Surprise: Do something unexpected for you and someone else today. Go out on a limb. Doesn’t that feel good?
30. Sweet: Be kind and flirty today. Call yourself and others cute little pet names. Got it Sweetie? Ok Big Daddy?
31. Vivacious: It’s ok, be full of it!
I bet you have some ideas already. How will you pull happiness off every day? Here are some ideas.